Monday, November 8, 2021

Day Surgery on 11/4

 Hi Everyone!  Well today is 11/8 and I feel almost 100% from my day surgery on 11/4.  I think you are all aware I have B Cell Non Hodgkins Lymphoma (I have had this for 5 years).  I have never had chemo, radiation or any treatment.  Lymphoma is different than other cancers.  I have a very slow growing lymphoma and the diagnosis is just to watch it.  I had 3 lymph nodes on the left side of my neck that go larger and didn't go down like they usually do.  My oncologist recommended a set of CAT Scans, then a PET Scan.  He then said I should have the 3 lymph nodes biopsied.  You can't do a needle biospy for these.  They did the biopsy on Thursday and removed the largest lymph node completely and biopsied the other 2.  I get the results tomorrow.  I have a virtual meeting with my oncologist.  He had them biopsied because he just wants to make sure this slow growing lymphoma has become an agressive form of lymphoma.  He was pretty positive it had because there wasn't any changes in the CAT Scan I had in late August to the PET Scan I recently had.  Keep your fingers crossed it is just some lymph nodes acting up and nothing more serious.  I am trying to remain calm.  I really hope my husband, John that passed away unexpected almost 2 years ago (11/27) is keeping a close watch over me!  If all of you could pray for me also, that would be great!!

SC has become so cold.  Colder than usual.  I have been letting the dogs out, that is how I know it has been cold.  No longer is the AC needed, the heat is on.  I keep it lower because the dogs get so hot and I always have a sweater on.  This week they say it should be back up in the high 60's/low 70's during the day this week until Friday when it drops down to the 50's during the day.  I have to go get my turkey for Thanksgiving some time later this week.  I will try and get as much as I can for Thanksgiving before the stores get so crowded.  I'm having Thanksgiving here.  They girls, their husband's and my 2 grandsons will be coming for Thanksgiving, which will be really nice.  It is easier when we all live relatively close to each other.  I am looking forward to cooking the turkey and all the fixings.  It will help keep my mind off John being gone.  He has left such a hole in our hearts.  Missing him tons right now!

Well I guess I better go rest.  I still get tired very easily.  I am also pretty bruised.  The nurses tried 4 times to find a vein for my IV and really left some nasty bruises.  The anestheologist had to do the IV and I have a huge bruise there too.  Between the IV messes and the actual incision, I look like I was in a car accident!  

I hope everyone has a lovely day, I hope the sun is shining where you and always remember to hug, call or visit your loved ones!!


Sherri


13 comments:

  1. Prayers said dear Sherri. You're doing a very nice job of going through the steps with the docs. Maybe your bruises will permit you to declare that you had to fight the turkey! Besides all of your family and usual traditions, try something a bit new. The new thing seems to ease the "Person missing from their chair" situation. Been there. Linda in Kansas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Linda! I'm sorry you have been through the same thing. Holidays are hard. I am keeping busy though :).

      Delete
  2. My goodness, Sherri, you must be relieved to have that procedure over. I have just sent up a prayer for you. Trusting that all will be well and you are able to focus on enjoying Thanksgiving with your family. I can imagine that the holidays are particularly challenging with the loss of your husband. I like the suggestion made in the comment above. Take good care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I am so glad the procedure is over and I have been told by my oncologist that they are still just able to watch everything and I won't have to have chemo or treatment at this time. I am so relieved!!!

      Delete
  3. Dear Sherri, my thoughts and prayers are with you. So sorry to hear you are having to deal with this and that surgery was required.
    Praying all will bring relief, and good thoughts regarding any future problems. I was diagnosed with possible T cell lymphoma about 5 years back. Refused chemo and just hope it will not escalate. I had so much surgery, radiation, and chemo for colorectal cancer in the 80's that I cannot face all that again! I'll be 80 in two years and just trying to make the best of this aging thingy without being chopped up, irradiated and drugged again - lol!!
    I recall your John often, he was called away far too young - I like that you know he is watching down on you Sherri.
    Enjoy Thanksgiving with your remaining family - you have a lovely one to share the good things of life with. Chin up lovely lady. . . and stay cozy and warm.
    Hugs - Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Mary, you are so kind! I am sorry to hear you possibly have T Cell Lymphoma. We were diagnosed around the same time. It was 5 years ago for me also. These Drs. are so quick to shout out Chemo it makes me so mad. My Oncologist in Charlotte said no chemo right now. I am listening to him! I'm 62 years old and I really don't want to have to go through all of that either. Prayers for both of us!!

      You are right John was called away far too young. He was definitely watching down on me then and now. I feel his presence very often. He was such a lovely, loved man. He was also very kind, working for Habitat for Humanity on weekends, working at the Food Bank and helping out with our organizations like that. He has left a huge hole in our hearts but we know he is watching out for us all.

      Delete
  4. Sending prayers! Wishing you a wonderful Thanksgiving with your family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Penny! Wishing you and yours a wonderful Thanksgiving also!

      Delete
  5. Oh my gosh, Sherri. I'm so sorry you're having to go through this. You shall have all our prayers with wishes for a full recovery. Sigh... I hate it when they can't find my veins too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Kay! I need all the prayers I can get that even with this recent diagnosis of no chemo or treatment right now. I want to keep it that way! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Uh oh! You've got that Ratana spammer above. I keep getting spammed by this same person too.

    ReplyDelete