Wednesday, December 22, 2021

12.22.2021 Christmas is Almost Here!

 Hi Everyone!  So sorry for being away so long.  I have been sick for the last 2.5 weeks with a sinus, ear infection and bronchitis!  All I have to say is I am thankful I am on the mend and I never want those things again!  I took 2 COVID tests because I thought it was that, but thankfully it was not.  I was so afraid it was, but I never lost my sense of smell and taste and I only had a low grade fever. Alot of coughing going on for sure.  That put me way behind on my wrapping of the presents I had ordered early (thank goodness!).  I am all done now, as of this morning!  My grandson, Owen (10 yrs old) came over yesterday and helped me wrap everything but his things and his brothers things.  He was such a delight to have with me for the day!  I love that little boy!  He is so sweet and kind.  I took him out to lunch and he was very chatty and told the waitress it was the best meal he ever had!  She just beamed and she told him, he made her day!  If we all could just do little things to make people smile, the world would be a better place! :)

I am having Christmas Eve here and Jenny and Kevin are hosting Christmas Day dinner this year.  We are going to church to the 4:00 service and then we are coming back here for appetizers.  It should be a really nice, quiet night.  If it doesn't get too hot here, I'll put a fire in the fireplace to enjoy the crackling and warmth.  We have decided to open our stocking stuffers on Christmas Eve here at my house.  Christmas morning is just so busy with all the gifts.  The boys were told that Santa is only bringing gifts this year, so we were doing the stockings.  I wonder to myself, how many more years the boys will believe.  Jack, who is only 8 told us last year he didn't believe anymore but this year he acts like he does believe.  Christmas with children is always a special time of year, whether they are your own, grands, nieces, nephews or neighborhood children.

Alot of my neighbors have been dropping off cookies, a fruitcake and chocolates.  I thought that was very nice of them.  They all said they were sorry to hear I had been sick.  Boy news really travels fast in this neighborhood!  I told my Mom I got a fruitcake (she loves the brand I got too).  I'm not much of a fruitcake person.  I think I'll put it in the freezer for her when I see her.  She has been very cranky lately and very negative.  I hope she gets out of that real soon!

Well, I better get back to my list of things I need to get done before Christmas Eve!  I just wanted to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas and a Happy and Healthy New Year!!



5 comments:

  1. So glad you're better. It's tough having a bad cold symptom and not worrying about covid.
    Bet some extra brandy on the fruitcake might help Mom.
    Merry Christmas! Linda in Kansas

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you're recovering and don't have COVID. Just wanted to wish you a Mele Kalikimaka and a safe, joyous holiday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kay! Mele Kalikimaka to you also!! :)

      Delete