Thursday, January 11, 2024

Lots Going on With Me Since December!

I had a very busy end of 2023 and beginning of 2024!  I closed on my new house in Rockwell, NC on 12/18.  I moved from the apartment to my new house on 12/20.  I left NC to go to NJ for Christmas on 12/23.  I stayed at my sister, Sue's and had a wonderful Christmas holiday with my family until 12/26.  On 12/28 I started my new job.  I had training down in Charlotte on the 28th and 29th.  Then I started working from home on 1/2.  On 12/30 I picked up Riley, my new Golden Retriever puppy.  I had a very stressful work week from 1/2 until 1/5.  Over that weekend, I realized that this job was something I was not enjoying and I was stressed out all the time.  Monday I gave my notice before I had too much time invested in a job I knew I would never like.  My boss was understanding.  I will be doing minimal things for the job until the 17th.  I'm going to take a few weeks off before looking for an easier job, something I would like to do and I could leave where I work and not take it home with me.  I think that would be better for me.  So as you can see, I wasn't kidding when I said it was a very busy end to 2023 and beginning of 2024!  

I have met 2 of my neighbors and they are so nice!  Jim is on one side of me.  He is a widower of 6 years.  His wife passed away from cancer.  On the other side is Sabrina with her little boy.  She is super sweet!  I have gone out to dinner a few times with Jim.   He really misses his wife and is lonely.  He makes a great dinner partner!  It is nice to have a friend to go out to dinner with.  Sabrina is going to talk to her Dad about the big tree I want removed on the property line now that I found out it is mine.  Branches are dropping and I'm afraid some day it will just drop one of it's huge branches and either crush our homes or hurt someone.  I wish the builder had removed it, but he probably didn't want to pay to remove it.  Sabrina's Dad does tree removal for a living.

I am getting my house pretty well set up now.  I don't have many more boxes to unpack!  I put up all the pictures on the wall, got 2 new rugs (1 for the living room and 1 for the eating area).  It really looks like home!  Here are some photos of a few things I've done:

Bookcase in the Living Room

My little cranberry colored shelving unit.

My cupboard with all my green Depression Glass collection in it.

The other bookcase in the Living Room.

My pie crust drop leaf table in the kitchen.

My sofa table in front of the Living Room window.

I have enjoyed the sunrises and sunsets when I take Riley out for potty breaks in the early morning or evening or for a walk.

Sunrise in my backyard.

Sunset in my backyard.

I made a Valentine's Day wreath for my front door.  I had a Christmas wreath up, but it seemed time to move into the next holiday.  I only had a small lit Christmas tree and a Christmas wreath this year.  Too much with moving to decorate any more than that!


The Wednesday after Christmas Jenny, Owen and Jack came up for a visit to my new house.  We had a wonderful time exchanging Christmas presents, going to White Owl Antique Mall and having lunch.  We laughed alot and had just a really good time, just like before I started dating Scott.  I'm glad they came up to see where I moved to and it was such a good time!



I got all my green Depression Glass unpacked.  It had been packed up for almost a year!  It was like seeing an old friend again LOL!  


On December 30th I picked up Riley, my Golden Retriever puppy!  He has been great company and such a delight.  He is pretty much potty trained already, sleeps thru the night until about 5-ish.  We have had some fun together since he came in my life.  He also has grown almost twice as big as when I picked him up!  He is going to be one big boy!

When I picked him up they had a little box made for him to bring to his new house.  This little red blanket with his Mom's scent was in the box.  He carries it all throughout the house with him and sleeps with it at night.  So sweet.

Riley is always close by where ever I am.  He is such a sweetheart!



As you can see, he is one cute little boy!  He is such a blessing to me!

Last but not least, I have continued to bring fresh flowers into the house from the grocery store.  If you know me, you know that flowers are a big part of my life!  I am hoping to put alot of gardens in around here.  I also plan on putting some raised beds in for veggies and herbs.  Mason is going to dig up the daylilies that are at Scott's house and bring them to me.  It was too dark when we went over there to get all my outside things.  So I now have my parents 2 rocking chairs on my front porch, my gas grill on the patio along with my outdoor patio furniture, my circular saw, my painting things (inside wall painting items not my watercolors (I brought them with me already), my rototiller and my sanding equipment when I refinish furniture.  I couldn't find my ladder or metal hose, so Mason said he will bring them over another time.  I don't have to go back over to Scott's to get anything else, so that chapter of my life is now closed, thank goodness!



Well sorry for the long post, but I hadn't been on here in some time!  I hope to be able to post more often.  Everyone have a lovely day and enjoy whatever you are doing!

Sherri


2 comments:

  1. You've been adventurous! SO delighted to see Golden photos. You'll be too busy with Riley to have a job. Yep, he's gonna be a biggie. Linda in Kansas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda, you are right about too busy with Riley to have a job! LOL He loves to play, go outside (even though it is really cold here right now), feeding, etc. He has been such a delight though really and very good company for me! I hope you are having a great New Year!

      Delete