Wednesday, April 17, 2024

Spring is Such a Beautiful Time of Year!

 Hi Everyone!  I hope this post finds you all well!  Spring has to be one of my favorite times of year.  It means renewal, flowers start blooming, plants waken up, birds start making nests and laying eggs and everything is so green!  Is Spring one of your favorite seasons?

This weekend and yesterday was so warm, sunny and blue skies.  I took an opportunity to sit on my patio and knit for awhile.  I brought Riley out with me.  I have to take his lease, which has a loop at the end, and put it under the leg of the loveseat out there so he doesn't escape.  He likes to me out there with me.

Riley and I on the patio.  I'm knitting a throw called Travertine.

Riley and I went to the park yesterday for a much needed walk.  We did 2-3 miles, I lost track after awhile.  It was 85 degrees and the humidity was in the air.  We really broke a sweat and was Riley ever tired.  That was the plan!  He slept all afternoon.  While we were walking through the woods trail, I smelled a lovely scent and figured something had to be blooming due to the heat and warmth of the last few days.  I was right!  A beautiful sweet meadow rose was blooming.  They are so dainty, but their fragrance is very powerful.  So pretty.

Meadow Rose

My orchid in the house in my little conservatory has set a bud quite awhile ago.  It is getting ready to bloom.  I'm so glad because I thought with the move not one would set buds but it did.  Nothing on the other ones, but maybe soon.

Little orchid bud getting ready to open.

I went to Harris Teeter the other day to do my grocery shopping.  Well you all know I usually get flowers for the house while I'm there.  They had so many beautiful choices, but I chose these delicate roses and some baby's breath-just gorgeous!

Roses in my green Depression glass vase from my collection.

Roses in the vase that was my Grandma's.  I always think of her when I see the vase on my nightstand.  Miss her.

These roses are just so beautiful and the colors are wonderful together.


I hope that you all have a great day and that Spring has sprung in your neck of the woods like it has in mine!


Sherri

6 comments:

  1. I think that is a great idea to treat yourself to flowers from the grocery store. Your roses look beautiful. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post actually made my day. Keep what you're doing Man! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have read so many posts on the topic, This is fastidious article, keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great I should certainly pronounce, impressed with your website. Nice task.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it when people come together and share ideas. Great website, keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was very pleased to find this net site. Thanks to your time for this glorious learn!

    ReplyDelete