Friday, July 24, 2009

Picking a new paint color for the Dining Room.

John and I have been living with the red color in the Dining Room for over a month now and we really feel it need to go. We really miss our lovely blue color in the dining room in the old house. We think though in this house we are going with a similar blue color but we want to try something different. We are looking maybe at a Robin Egg Blue, something soothing and relaxing. The red is definitely not relaxing and it is making the room feel closed in. I also think our pictures would show up better on a lighter blue wall. I'll let everyone know what we decide! Everyone have a lovely Friday and a great weekend!

5 comments:

  1. I like lighter colors
    The beach house we bought last year has a reddish room ... I don't like it .. first chance I get ... I'll paint it

    Enjoy your Weekend

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sherri, I had a red room that I loved but it was a room we didn't use everyday. It felt warm and cozy. My bedroom now is sort of a robin's egg and I like it too. Light and bright and cheerful. Have a great weekend.
    Marnie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Sherri!

    I think a light blue would be lovely. I hope you share pictures :)

    Have a wonderful day!
    rue

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to see the new color! Have a good weekend!

    Hugs,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those Weeping Willow photos took me back to my childhood home. Love those trees, but they had these green wormy looking bugs so we eventually cut it down :(

    ReplyDelete