Tuesday, May 25, 2010

The rest of Day 4 in NJ

Here is the rest of the botanical garden pictures. I didn't take any pictures on the 5th day of our trip-we were just riding in the car and really didn't see anything exciting. I hope you have enjoyed coming along with Megan and I on our "girls" road trip! It was a great trip and I thoroughly enjoyed it!


When we arrived at the Botanical Garden this is what we saw first. Very pretty!


There was a whole section at the Skylands Botanical Garden that was a lilac meadow! I love lilacs and the smell is intoxicating!

Here are a few more lilacs that were blooming while we were there:







While walking along the woodland path I noticed this plant that was growing there. At first I thought it was an andromeda but when I got up closer I don't know what plant this is-I thought the flower was interesting though.



The Japanese Primroses were in full bloom when we got there. This woodland path was lined with them.


I loved these white and yellow iris in the iris garden.


This clump of iris looked so beautiful against all the greenery!


Another gorgeous iris!


The hosta had just come out also. Love the color of this one!


I have always wanted to grow a golden chain tree. This one looked so graceful swaying in the warm breeze. I love the bench under the tree too!


This garden urn caught my eye. I love architectural things in gardens.


One section of the garden had statues up on a wall. This one isn't the angel of wine but it was next to that one. I think it might have been the angel of fruit.


Here is a fountain that was hidden in almost a secret garden.


The Rhodedendrons were just gorgeous and this one was no exception.


Here is a bright red one that was blooming along the path also.


I came upon these blue iris near the stream along the woodland path. They were such a vivid blue-just gorgeous!


These Siberian Iris looked great in front of this boulder. The gray from the rock really brought out the blue/purple color of this iris.


Azaelas along the woodland path.

Well that is it of my trip. Thank you for bearing with me, I just love to take flower pictures. I hope you enjoyed this little tour!

6 comments:

  1. I loved taking the tour with you! What a beautiful place and beautiful flowers.

    Hugs,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sherri, thank you so much for sharing these beautiful photos with us. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sherri, I am enjoying these lovelyp hotos; thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love New Jersey. It's where I taught my first painting seminar.
    Have a great time!
    Hugs,
    Cathie

    ReplyDelete
  5. How absolutely beautiful! I'll have to go back and check out the rest. Right now I'm imagining sitting on that bench and reading under that tree.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish I could visit, but your post was the next best thing! Oh, the iris are so wonderful.

    ReplyDelete