Thursday, June 3, 2010

It's a daylily day!

Today when I was leaving for work I noticed some of my favorite daylilies were starting to bloom! I hoped that when I got home tonight it wouldn't be raining so I could snap some pictures of them. Well I was in luck and here are some pictures of them!


I think this one is called Russian Rhapsody. I love the dusky pink outside and the deep colored "eye" of this daylily.


Here's a closeup of the same daylily.

There is a story with this daylily. I bought this daylily when I lived in NJ. I brought it to Charlotte with me when I moved. When we moved from our house 1 yr. ago to this townhouse I potted this plant up and brought it with me again. The name of this daylily is Lake Norman Sunset. When I lived in NJ I had never heard of Lake Norman but I loved the different "sunset" colors in it. Well when I moved to Charlotte I realized there is a big lake just to the North of Charlotte called Lake Norman. Maybe a little birdie knew I would be moving near Lake Norman all along and urged me to purchase this beautiful daylily!!


Lake Norman Daylily

This isn't a daylily but it is my oriental lily. I thought it just looked so pretty today so I thought I would share it with everyone!



Hope you enjoyed seeing what is out in my garden right now! Over the weekend I'll be taking a few more pictures of some other plants. My lamb's ear plants are doing just wonderful right now. I use them when I take my jewelry pictures for my etsy site.

By the way I have added 5 new earrings on my site-take a look!

3 comments:

Kay said...

Love them! Love them! They are all such exquisite flowers.

Florence and Mary said...

Gorgeous!

Have a great weekend,

Victoria xx

Darlene said...

The daylilies are just beautiful. I love the pictures you post - they ae always so gorgeous.


Ring of Kerry, Ireland
My husband, John and I went to Ireland for our 25th Wedding Anniversary in 2004. We had an awesome trip and we will never forget it. We actually got to visit our friends who live in Northern Ireland. We spent 3 wonderful days with them! The picture above was taken when we visited The Ring of Kerry. The beauty of Ireland is just spectacular! If you ever get a chance visit there.
Megan is my oldest daughter. She and Ken were married on April 12, 2008. It was a wonderful ceremony and reception!
Jenny and Kevin at their wedding 8/30/08. The wedding was at our home and turned out wonderful! Everyone had such a good time!