Tuesday, May 18, 2021

5.18.2021 In the Words of Chip Gaines- "It's DEMO Day!!"

 Hi Everyone!

Today is DEMO day!!  I am so excited about creating my new home!!  Over the weekend I really worked and got my temporary kitchen set up in the den.  It took some doing but I was able to get it all ready.  I also moved my other couch into my living room.  Here is a photo of my temp kitchen:

My table has my toaster, toaster oven, microwave along with salt, pepper, olive oil, my favorite tea, tea cup, electric tea kettle and my cooking utensils.  The moving boxes you see have plates, food and glassware in them.  I have also moved my Ninja Foodi and a hot plate borrowed from Jenny in that room.  Jenny came by yesterday and she helped me get my gas grill up on the deck, so I can do alot of cooking out there!  I think I'm ready!!


I'm going to show you some pictures of the rooms where the demo will be happening.  Please know when you see the condition of the carpet upstairs, my feet have never touch this floor.  I have vacuumed it multiple times but nothing will help this 1979 carpet.  Yes, folks it is the original carpet from when the house was built 42 years ago-YUK!!

This is the half bath downstairs.  This is a total gut job and the doorway is being moved so it doesn't open up into the kitchen!  That was just too gross for me.  The new entrance into the bath will be where the washer and dryer is now (see 2 photos down).

This is my beautiful (NOT!!) 1979 kitchen.  This is a total gut also.  Can't wait to show you all of my design choices when it is all done!

This is the washer and dryer area between the kitchen and the breakfast room area.  The washer and dryer are going to be relocated around the corner to the breakfast room area (see photo below).  The washer and dryer will go on the opposite wall from this bay window.  There will also be a pantry along side the washer and dryer for storage.  

Lots of changes will be happening in the breakfast room.  Washer and dryer relocated to here, pantry for more storage and new flooring.  The stained wood on the wall will also be painted glossy white.  I have picked out Valspar's Polar Star (see below), which is a very light gray for the walls in the kitchen, breakfast room area and half bath.  This will be more of a butler's pantry type room with my antique tiger oak round table.  I will probably eat breakfast in this room, but I will also be doing some craft projects there too!  I love the view of my backyard and the golf course beyond!


This is the color of the walls above the stained wood area.  The stained wood area, as I said will be glossy white.  I think this combo will be wonderful.  The kitchen cabinets will be white on the top and light gray on the bottom.  


On to the lovely Master Bath and carpet situation in the bedrooms, down the hall and stairs.

This is the Master Bath, which will be totally gutted.  So gross.

Master Bath vanity and mirror.  This will be all gone!

This is the carpet in my bedroom.  So disgusting!!  

Hallway the same-gross!

This is the 3rd bedroom.  I told the movers to keep the mattress in the moving bag.  I didn't want it touching the carpet in this room!

This is the second bedroom in the front of the house upstairs.  Gross, stained carpet in here too!  Don't you just love the blue/brown gross carpet!  The pink flowered wallpaper will be going too!

Same carpet in the hall and Master Bedroom going down the stairs.  Going!

This is the stairs going down.  Carpet will be all gone!  The treads of the stairs are all wood.  I have to see how the carpet would come down the turning stairs, but I am thinking of running it only down the middle of the stairs and staining the treads and painting the risers gloss white.  I have always loved this look.  With the stairs turning at the top and bottom though, I might not be able to do that.  I am also going to sand and restain the 2 banisters.  The spindles will stay white, but I'll give them a fresh coat of paint too!

Well that is the tour so far today.  I will keep everyone up to date with photos as I go along on this wonderful adventure!  It is going to look so nice when it is all done.  I have a vision in my head of every room and what it is going to look like.  I have always loved things like this!  My Dad was a house builder and I always was amazed how things turned out when they were all done.  Remodels are even more amazing because you take something old and worn and turn it into something new and reusable, almost like upcycling!

I hope everyone has a lovely day today!  More photos tomorrow! Stay tuned!

Sherri  


6 comments:

  1. Don’t know how you have lived with the carpet..good luck
    I hope you enjoy Lake City...I had good friends and good students there...
    I also lived in Florence and Bennettsville.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Sherri. You have your work cut out but I know you're up to the challenge. I love your vision and can't wait to follow the progress!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have some wonderful plans! Best of luck with the demo and rebuild.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good Heavens! There are changes going on! Can't wait to see the results. I'm glad you are back to blogging, Sherri. Your recent comment on my blog was a welcome reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sherri,
    It seems I somehow lost track of your blog through the years and have just spent a few minutes getting caught up. I am sorry to hear that your husband has passed away. The plans for your new home sound really exciting. I will be following along to see the transformation.
    BTW, I still have the pretty bookmark that I won in one of your giveaways many years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  6. All I can say is, "Wow!" It's going to be amazing!

    ReplyDelete