Wednesday, May 26, 2021

A Little Bit of This and a Little Bit of That 5.26.2021

Hi Everyone!

Well I have been busy the last few days.  Yesterday I had to drive 2 hours one way up and 2 hours back to NC to see the oral surgeon that started my implant before I moved.  Everything has healed nicely!  I have to go back up June 9th to my dentist to get the crown impressions done and then again when the crown comes in.  Then that will be it for that implant!  

I decided it was time to start knitting again.  Something that didn't take alot of concentration.  I missed knitting alot more than I thought I would.  Don't get me wrong I like to knit but I needed to take a break from it and I have been too tired at night to knit.  I decided to start the Morning Coffee Shawl (it's on Ravelry).  Here is the start of it:

This is the start of the shawl from the bottom.  I'm using yarn from Heidiandlana.com.  I just love the way it feels!


I have done quite a bit of garden, so here is an update on my plants:

My gardenia standard is blooming and smells intoxicating!

I planted this hosta about 2 weeks ago and it has doubled in size!

I have really been enjoying my moon vine.  There were 6 blossoms unfurling on the plant last night!

Graham Thomas (David Austin rose) is one of my all time favorites!  I planted this about 2.5 weeks ago on the fence.  Just love it!

This is the hanging basket I bought at the Moore Farm Botanical Gardens right down the road from me on 5/12 at the plant sale.  It has almost doubled in size!

My dusty miller winters over, so I just have to cut it back and it starts looking lovely.  I added some little petunias to the pot with them.  The purple goes so well with the grays of the dusty miller!

Coleus is my all time favorite plant.  So many colors.  I just had to have this!!!

The hummingbirds just love this plant.  It is filled with petunias and the hummingbirds just love it really more so than the feeder.

This mandevilla vine is a beautiful shade of red for sure.

Saturday I power washed the front of the house.  It looks so much better!!

       Now the house looks lovely!!  No more green!
As you can see by this photo, there was alot of green algae growing on the house and the front porch and steps.  I got rid of it all and in only 2 hours!  I love the electric power washer I bought.



Front porch, steps and walk.  You can actually see the gray mortar!



I started Home Chef up again because of the limited cooking space I have now until the new kitchen is in.  The made Shrimp Fajita Risotto the other night and it was so good!

Last night I made Marinated Turkey Meatballs and green beans.  They were so good!  Tonight I think it is some kind of chicken and pasta dish.  Love these meals.

Last night the sunset was just gorgeous!




I hope you all enjoyed the photos!  Have a wonderful day!


Sherri







3 comments:

  1. Your flowers are looking lovely. What a huge difference the power washing made! When our kitchen was torn apart for a month, we used Grub Hub and Door Dash delivery services for local restaurants.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have been a busy lady, Sherri. The power washing made a huge difference and your flowers all look gorgeous. The meals look tasty too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful flowers! And wow what a great job you and the power washer did. That was a good purchase. Your meals look so yummy. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete