Monday, October 11, 2021

Weekend with the Daughters and the Lake City Swamp Race

 Hi Everyone!  Hope you had a great weekend!  I did!  

Saturday both my daughters, Megan and Jenny painted and set up a craft area for me in the room over the garage.  This was my birthday present, which was in July.  The AC had stopped working up there and everyone's schedule was so busy but this weekend worked for everyone and the AC is fixed.  Here are some photos of the room all done:


The girls know I love tea.  So they made me a tea station!

This is my jewelry creating table.  On the left side of the screen is all the gems and beads on the bookshelf.  The triangle piece is a shawl loom my son in law, Kevin made.  On the right side of the picture is my knitting area.  Looks so comfy, can't wait to use it!

Knitting area!

This is my painting area.  I do watercolors.  I have more supplies I just have to bring them up there.  I really want to start painting again.  I have so many ideas!

On Saturday the boys Trail Life group held the annual Lake City Swamp Run.  The boys went dressed as The Mad Hatter (Owen) and Bilbo Baggins (Jack).  Owen won $100 for creative costume!  Jenny and Megan also ran in the race.  Megan was a butterfly and Jenny went as Sally from The Nightmare before Christmas.  Here are some photos:


Owen on the left as The Mad Hatter and Jack on the right as Bilbo Baggins.

Megan is on the left-Butterfly and Jenny is to the right of her-Sally from The Nightmare before Christmas.



Sunday I just rested and relaxed after Megan left to go home around noon.  It was wonderful!  I really enjoyed the girls and boys visiting.  It was really a wonderful weekend!


Enjoy!

Sherri


6 comments:

  1. What a wonderful treat! The decorating gene has been handed down to your daughters. I understand the tea station, but I'm curious, are you going to move up there? I see a crock pot near the painting desk. Is that for dinner, or are paints pre-heated in the crock pot? Love the swamp race gathering, and your grandson as Bilbo is just tugging my heart. (I love Hobbit stuff.) Linda in Kansas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Linda. No, I'm not moving up there. The crockpot is for making soap or other craft things. I use it to melt wax. Jack just loves Bilbo. I ordered him a Lord of the Rings throw for Christmas.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Hi Penny! Yes it is a great craft room. I can't wait to begin painting with my watercolors up there. I really haven't painted since John died and I need to get back to it. It will be a nice retreat for me!

      Delete
  3. Now that is a lovely and well thought out craft room. What a nice gift your daughters gave to you.
    Looks like a great time with your family. Cute costumes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We had a great weekend! The room is wonderful! I can do so much up there and not worry about getting the house all messed up! The family time was wonderful. That was the reason I moved here, to be closer to the boys. Megan, my oldest is only 1 hours away from here also compared to 3 hours before.

    ReplyDelete