Tuesday, February 15, 2022

2.14.2022 Spring is Coming

 Hi Everyone!  I hope everyone had a lovely Valentine's Day!  You don't have to be a couple to enjoy Valentine's Day.  I had a lovely lunch out with my daughter, Jenny and my 2 grandsons, Owen and Jack.  We went to The Green Frog Social House here in Lake City.  The food was wonderful and we had so much fun chatting.  There is a local Botantical Garden here in Lake City, so over lunch Jenny and I picked out 2 classes we are going to take over the next few months.  One is on cutting gardens, which I am going to make this year at my house.  Can't wait for that!!  The other is a tour of the gardens in our town.  That one should be a good one too!  I received 2 cards from the boys and heart-shaped box of chocolates.  Jenny gave me this beautiful Lemongrass candle she made.  I love the wooden bowl it is in-so pretty!  Megan gave me a bag of Lindt Truffles!!  She brought them up last weekend when she was here.  They were so good!!





The boys and Jenny are so thoughtful.  This could have been a really hard day and they made it better.  :)

Small signs of Spring have started to happen here!  I have a saucer magnolia growing in my yard.  I didn't even know I had one!!  I love to cut branches and bring them in the house.  Here is what I did with mine.

Here are the branches I brought in and put in the Dining Room.

I forgot I had this beautiful hand blown vase and I thought the magnolia color would go great with it in the breakfast room.  

We had a really cold day the other day and when the sun hit the field on the other side of the golf course steam started coming off.  It looked like a fog machine was being used!!  So beautiful!



My orchid is blooming and the amaryllis that bloomed before shot up another stem and has 4 more buds on it.  2 have opened and they are gorgeous!!

Originally when I got this orchid, my Mom had just left it to die.  She was moving and she said it had ants in it, so she put it outside.  She was going to let it die.  I saved it and brought it home.  I nursed it back to life and this is the 3rd year it has bloomed!  Glad I rescued it.

This is the second round of blooms on my amaryllis.  I just love this color!


John really loved Valentine's Day!  He loved when we would go out for dinner, he would buy me roses and a small gift.  I would give him his gift and we always gave each other cards.  I have saved all of the cards he gave me while we were dating and married.  I tied them up in a pink ribbon and put them in my memory box.  I am so glad I did that.  Sometimes I take them out and read them, reminiscing about the things he wrote.  I have to say I really miss his cards, he would always write something lovely on them.  I miss that man everyday!!  I decided I was going to buy myself some roses in honor of him (and I really love them!!).  Believe it or not I bought the roses in the picture below from Walmart.  This is week 2 and they look as wonderful as the day I bought them!!



Sometimes you just have to treat yourself!  Always remember to hug your loved ones, tell them you love them and appreciate the time you do have with them!


Sherri


4 comments:

  1. Memories are good! All of your flowers are wonderful to bring inside. Linda in Kansas

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right, dear Sherri. Sometimes you just have to treat yourself. It's lovely that your daughters and grands remembered you by doing something special. That candle is beautiful! I'm looking forward to seeing photos of your cutting garden this year. I'll be trying to tame the hollyhocks which managed to choke out my lavender, daisies, and CHIVES (I thought they were indestructible!) last year. There'll definitely be some changes coming. As I write this a south wind is beating against the farmhouse. I'm looking forward to warmer days.
    Much love, my friend. Happy Valentine's Day.
    xoxo
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Donna! It was nice of Jenny and the boys to celebrate Valentine's Day with me. Wow, your hollyhocks are beasts LOL!! I really didn't think anything could kill chives! I am really looking forward to the cutting garden. Hopefully the deer won't eat it!

      Delete
  3. I'm so sorry for your sadness, Sherri, but glad you have those wonderful memories. The roses are gorgeous as are all your flowers.

    ReplyDelete