Saturday, February 5, 2022

2.5.2022 Sunny Saturday

 Hi Everyone!  I hope everyone is having a great weekend!  The sun is out here in Lake City, SC but don't let it fool you because we went from temps in the 70's the last few days to 39 degrees!  I'll take the sun though.  

Today my oldest daughter, Megan is coming up for a visit.  The grandboys wanted to be able to celebrate her birthday.  Last Thursday Megan turned 41 and she had a great weekend with Jenny and a few other couples on Murrell's Inlet.  They rented a big house, everyone took a COVID test before they went.  The boys were disappointed they couldn't come to the big person party, so she is coming up today and spending the day with Jenny, the boys and I.  At some point we are either lunching or having dinner at a restaurant here in Lake City called Slabs.  They are known for their wonderful, delicious brisket!  Can't wait to try it out.  

While I wait for Megan to drive up from Georgetown (she's about an hour away from here), I'm going to work on a shawl I started a few days ago.  It is called the Road Trip Shawl.  A group of friends of mine (we live all over the US) are knitting this together.  We post pictures on our private FB Messenger page.  I'm enjoying it.  It is different than the shawls I usually knit.  This one has a little picot edge (which I have never done before) on it.  I thought it was going to be hard, but it really is quite easy making this.  Here is a photo of what I had done yesterday.

Road Trip Shawl-it is hard to tell but were the little holes are they are butterflies.  So pretty!

I will show you the progress as I go along.  The color that I started with is called Basil by Heidi and Lana, then I will be using a speckled yarn called Wintry Mix and then there is a strip called Lilac and then Basil again.  Should be really pretty!

I have been thinking about gardening already.  I will be putting a cutting garden in this year.  I am really excited about that.  I love fresh flowers in the house!  I also am going to put in a bigger veggie garden.  Last year the raised bed veg trug was really more for just herbs.  I will continue to use that for the herbs this year.  I already have parsley and chives in there.  They wintered over.  

Well that is about all I have for you today!  I hope everyone has a lovely weekend!

Sherri


8 comments:

  1. Wow, you really are a topnotch knitter Sherri - makes my very simple scarves and cowls look like elementary school!!!
    I used to knit more involved patterns when a teenager (OMG that was another lifetime!) - sweaters mostly - don't have the patience or eyesight anymore for such details! This shawl will be awesome, and love the color so far. Please show more later as you move along
    Hugs - have fun with the family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mary! I will show you as I change colors. I'm working on the second color now. I have to check with a friend to make sure I'm doing this right before I show everyone! Have a wonderful day!

      Delete
  2. Dear Sherry:
    I love your shawl! It's really lovely. I've been far too absent from your blog, and will endeavor to do better in the future. I love seeing what's going on in your life.
    Big Hugs,
    xoxo
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, I would love for you to stop by more! I don't post every day, but winter gives me a better opportunity to post more.

      Delete
  3. Enjoy celebrating the birthday. I know you will. I love that shawl so far-especially the color. Happy upcoming week- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Donna! We had fun on Saturday with Megan here. I can't believe I have a 41 year old daughter!! Where did the time go! I was 21 when I had Megan, glad I had her early and I can enjoy her life with her!

      Delete