Tuesday, February 1, 2022

February 1, 2022-New Month-Another Month Closer to Spring!

 Hi Everyone!  Time really flies! I thought I had just posted on here but I realized it has been weeks!  Today the sun is out and it is a little warmer.  We are by no means ready to hop into Spring but we are another month closer.  Happy February!!  Some of the trees and shrubs here have started to bud up.  That is really exciting to me!  My camellia that I planted hasn't bloomed yet, the buds are still on it but I'm not really sure it is going to do anything this year.  I was so hoping it would, I just love to see flowers of any kind this time of year.  It is definitely staying lighter later in the day, so I guess that will start getting better and better.

This weekend I had my grandson, Owen (he is 10) staying with me.  Jenny, his Mom dropped him off at 9:30 on Thursday and then picked him up around noon on Sunday.  We had the greatest time, reading, playing games, watching movies, going to lunch, etc., etc.  We even had time to run to the store to get his Mom a Valentine's gift for him to give her.  It was Megan (my oldest daughters) birthday on Thursday.  Megan, Ken, Jenny and 4 other couples rented a house out in Murrell's Inlet, SC.  They were very responsible and made everyone take a COVID test before they went.  Everyone was negative, which is good.  They all took turns cooking the meals and then celebrated Megan and Tom, their other friend who was having a birthday with their favorite cakes.  Kevin, Jenny's husband was supposed to go down for the day but we had a little ice/snow and he didn't want to drive in that.  That is why Owen got to stay longer.  


Owen-10 years old

The ice and snow we had didn't last very long-it was gone by 1:00 the same day (Saturday).  I did get some pretty photos though:

I took this looking from my driveway to part of my backyard and the golf course.

Same thing driveway, to backyard to golf course just a little further down.

The snow and ice were heavy, so my pine tree boughs were drooping onto the ground.  As soon as it melted thought they sprung back up thank goodness.  I was afraid some branches might break off.  

I opened my front door and this is what I saw!

I took this shot from my driveway, through my neighbor's backyard of the pond and golf course.  I thought it was so pretty!  You can barely make out the pond in the middle of the picture on the left hand side.  I think that is the 10th hole.  

I love when it snows, looks pretty and then goes away!  I lived in northwestern NJ for 45 years, so I have had enough major snow in my life.  This is a nice change.  

Everyone have a really nice day!  Keep warm, enjoy life and be kind!


Sherri


2 comments:

  1. The snow looks pretty, but I am glad I am living in Florida now! It sounds like you and Owen had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The snow was so pretty and it only lasted a few hours! I like having some snow every once in a while and I know it doesn't last long. I still like having season changes. Owen and I had a wonderful time!

      Delete