I don't usually do Meme's but I thought it might be fun to do one for Christmas! I got this one for Karen's blog, which is http://overbackyardfence.blogspot.com/. Thanks Karen!
1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Definitely hot chocolate. I detest Egg Nog!
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Every gift is wrapped, but if it is too large I put it in a gift bag instead of wrapping it.
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? We always use the little white lights for decorating and the tree.
4. Do you hang mistletoe? Yes, I always put up a mistletoe kissing ball.
5. When do you put your decorations up? The village goes up the weekend after Thanksgiving, the rest throughout December.
6. What is your favorite Christmas dish? I love Cream Cheese Cookies. It is a recipe my Mom used all the time when I was growing up!
7. Favorite Christmas memory as a child? I remember waking up and creeping downstairs with my younger sisters in tow and opening all our presents up before my parents got down to watch us! It probably isn't a fav of my Mom's but it is mine! We had so much fun!! I think I was 9, my sister Sue would have been 6 and Sandy would have been 3!
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? Unfortunately, a neighbors daughter that lived 2 houses down from us told me when I was in kindergarten :(! She was really mean about it too-she showed me where my Mom had hidden the presents.
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? We open 1 gift after Church around midnight or 12:30. That has been a tradition in my family as long as I can remember.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? We have ornaments on the tree that were my grandparents and John's parents. We also have ornaments that John and I have collected for the 30 yrs. we have been married. We put tiny white lights on the tree too and tinsel one strand at a time! The tree topper is an stained glass angel I made about 26 yrs. ago!
11. Snow! Love it or dread it. I love it! We don't get much snow here where we live now, but we used to in northwestern NJ where we used to live. I don't like a whole winter of it though.
12. Can you ice skate? Yes.
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? For our first Christmas John gave me a black onyx ring, which I still wear today. One year he also gave me a diamond necklace he designed himself and had a jeweler make for him. The diamond was his grandmothers!
14. What’s the most important thing about Christmas for you? I love that our family is together and that we are all celebrating the birth of Christ. I love the Christmas cards I receive from people I don't hear from very much throughout the year.
15. What is your favorite holiday dessert? Cheesecake!
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? It used to be cutting our own Christmas tree on a local farm, but we don't do that anymore. Probably setting up my nativity scene right after Thanksgiving. I also love putting up my Dickens Village.
17. What tops your tree? A stained glass angel I made for us about 26 yrs. ago.
18. Which do you prefer, giving or receiving? Giving-I love to see the look on the recipients face when they receive something they were not expecting!!
19. Candy Canes? I really like candy canes. I love the red and white colors swirling together. I also love the peppermint flavor.
20. Favorite Christmas Show? I love The Bishops Wife-an old black and white movie. I love The Holiday as a more recent movie.
21. Saddest Christmas Song? The Christmas Shoes. What a tearjerker!!
22. What is your favorite Christmas Song? All of Nat King Cole's Christmas songs and Josh Grobin's too!
My husband, John and I went to Ireland for our 25th Wedding Anniversary in 2004. We had an awesome trip and we will never forget it. We actually got to visit our friends who live in Northern Ireland. We spent 3 wonderful days with them! The picture above was taken when we visited The Ring of Kerry. The beauty of Ireland is just spectacular! If you ever get a chance visit there.
Megan is my oldest daughter. She and Ken were married on April 12, 2008. It was a wonderful ceremony and reception!