Tuesday, October 4, 2022

My Trip to Charleston

 My friend, Angie and I decided to plan a trip to Charleston. We hadn’t seen each other in 7 years. She lives in Minnesota with her husband and 2 step children. We both really needed to get away! We made reservations at The Mill House (we had stayed here 7 years ago on her last visit). I was sorry to say our accomodations were not what they were 7 years ago since Wydham Hotel has take over, but that is a story for another day. We did all the things we love while there. We walked all over the city, took a carriage ride tour, ate at Poogan’s Porch, The Oyster House and Husk. Husk was our favorite of all of them! The food and service was superb! We had wonderful breakfasts at Toast All Day also. The biscuits are the biggest biscuits I’ve ever seen. The omelets were fantastic!! We just love flowers, gardens, courtyards, old building, old homes and all the architecture Charleston has to offer! Here are some photos I took while wandering around this beautiful, old city.  (There are alot of photos!)

Angie (on left)  and I (on right)




The flower boxes in Charleston are just gorgeous!




I love this color!

Charleston Place Hotel



All the courtyard are so beautiful!


Cream Homes with this Blue remind me of France.









Charleston Market House

Watching sailboats from Waterfront Park.


St. Phillips Church

Pineapple Fountain at Waterfront Park.


Husk Restaurant on Queen Street

Husk Restaurant at Night

Artisan Cheese Plate

Ribeye Steak and Fingerling Potatoes

Oyster House

Angie waiting for her oysters!  She loves them!

Our hotel-The Mill House

The Mill House from the side.

Beautiful Crystal Chandelier by the elevators in our hotel.

Gorgeous Crystal Chandelier in the Lobby Entrance.

Well I hope you enjoyed coming along on my trip to Charleston.  We were there the week before Hurricane Ian.  Unfortunately Charleston had alot of flooding from the Hurricane.  I'm glad we could enjoy it again!

Sherri


No comments:

Post a Comment