Wednesday, October 5, 2022

Wednesday, October 5, 2022

 Hello Everyone!  Well today I woke up with a sinus infection.  I thought my cold had been doing better but I looked in the mirror and noticed the left side of my face where my sinus' are was swollen.  I also have had some pain there since yesterday.  I have a 2:15 virtual appt. with my Dr. today.  I also heard from the Ford Dealership this morning.  My car has been there since last Thursday.  I mouse or mice built a big old nest on the engine of the car and then they proceded to chew through the ABS wires.  Of course, that is not under warranty so they told me it is going to be about $400.00.  Now I'll have to go and get some traps, can't have this happening again!  The Dealership just called and said my car is ready to be picked up-Hallelujah!!  I've had my neighbors truck but I miss my car.  Never a dull moment here at my house!

Saturday I purchased a coaster pattern from heidiandlana.com.  They are so cute!  I went thru my yarn stash and found similar colors so I could start one.  Here is the photo Heidi and Lana posted on their site:

Photo credit:  Heidi and Lana

My backyard backs up to a golf course and then there is a field.  They usually plant soybeans in this field but this year they planted cotton.  The cotton is popping now.  I can't wait until it looks like a field of snow!  Here is what it looks like now:


My grandson, Jack is 9 years old and he is playing football this year.  The other day he got the rest of his football outfit.  They lost their first game, but Jack played the entire time.  He is a linebacker.  He looks so cute in his gear!


The other night I was letting the dogs out for the last time of the night.  I happened to look up and the moon was just so beautiful!  We have been having really beautiful sunsets and now this moon.


There were clouds around the moon but you could still see it.  So beautiful!

Well I'm off to read my bookclub book (We Were Never Here by Andrea Bartz).  Bookclub is next Tuesday, the 11th so I better get reading the rest of it!

Everyone have a wonderful day!

Sherri


6 comments:

  1. Hope you get some strong meds for your sinus. I used to feel infected sinuses pushing down on the roof of my mouth. (Remember, if you get antibiotics, to take a PRObiotic opposite the time of your antibiotic. It will keep you from getting gassy or having diarrhea caused by the antibiotic that your sinus needs. Don't take them at the same time, or neither will work correctly.) You have some really mean mice. Glue a trap to the top of your engine? Hire a barn cat? The cotton is an interesting crop choice. Wonder if it's supposed to help the soil. Are they being "organic" for some small linen producer? Little kids playing big-kid sports is so cute. Your moon is getting ready for Halloween! Linda in Kansas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Linda! I am taking a probiotic. I've had many sinus infections over the years and a very wise Dr. in NJ told me to take that. Cotton is an interesting crop, but it is grown here on all the farms. They do have to rotate crops every couple of years of the soil gets depleated. Those mice don't have a chance now. I put D-Con in the garage now all over the place. They need to go!!

      Delete
  2. Sorry about your sinus infection! Those coasters are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am feeling better already after only 2 doses of meds! I love the coasters too. There is another one I got called Cypress and it is of a Christmas Tree. I hope Margaret keeps making coaster patterns for all the season. It would make a nice gift to give someone a seasonal set.

      Delete
  3. Dear Sherri:
    Oh, how I'd love to have a whole field of cotton to the north of the farmhouse, but I fear it doesn't stay warm long enough in Wisconsin. I do have some seeds, and may just try a small patch next summer! Owen and Jack are growing so fast! I love seeing photos of them. I'm so sorry you're under the weather. I hope you back to full health very soon. You may want to try the mouse repellent packages from "Grandpa Gus" (He's on FB and IG). The packets smell like fall, and the mice won't chew on them. They're strong, and the mice hate the smell. Until Claudette and Crystal helped with mouse control, that's all I used, and they're very effective.
    Big "Get Better" Hugs,
    xoxo
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those boys are growing up to fast for sure! I love cotton fields and I hope the seeds do grow for you. Thanks for the info on the mice repellent! Hugs ❤️

      Delete