Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Watermelon is awesome!!


The other day I went to Harris Teeter on my way home from work. What was at the door, well my old friend watermelon!! Now I have always loved watermelon, but I have to say this is some of the best watermelon I have ever tasted!! I think I'll stop back there tonight and get some more. I also picked up my other favorite fruit, cherries! I wanted the Ranier Cherries from Washington state but they wanted $5.59/lb!!! Cherries are not light so that would have been one hefty price tag at the checkout. I also bought some red seedless grapes. They are always so good when you come inside from being out in the heat-they are so nice and cool and snappy! I have been trying to eat better lately and these wonderful fruits really hit the spot!

4 comments:

  1. That water mellon looks wonderful. I haven't had one this year, maybe this weekend.
    Marnie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE, LOVE Ranier cherries but they are a king's ransom here in Hawaii. Art's FAVORITE all time fruit is watermelon. Sometimes, he'll buy two at one time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love watermelon, too! I have a nice one cooling in the fridge. I think I will "open" it tonight!:) Lori

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love watermelon and cherries too! We've been getting some nice cherries here this year and I've been indulging quite a bit. Like you I'm trying to eat better!

    ReplyDelete