Saturday, August 6, 2016

08.06.16 Very Hot Day, So we took a Ride!

John and I both woke up late today.  I guess we both needed our sleep!  We wake up at 5:30 everyday during the week to get ready for work.  I love to sleep in on the weekend. 

Today it was 100 degrees here!  We both knew we wouldn't be doing any yard work because of the high temps.  We decided we would take a ride.  John's job is a Sr. Real Estate Title Insurance Underwriter.  The company he works for is insuring a large piece of land in Mountain Island Lake, NC.  We decided to take a ride up there and check it out.  I couldn't get a good photo of the lake, which was too bad because it looked so pretty. 

We then left that area and drove through Belmont, NC and down by Lake Wylie, SC.  I was able to take a photo of Lake Wylie as we crossed over the Buster Bay Bridge. 

It was extremely sunny so the photo is a little hazy.  There were alot of boats out on the lake and some waterskiers.  It was just gorgeous!!

As we drove home the clouds in front of us were gorgeous!!

They almost reminded me of a painting instead of real life!  For some reason this summer the clouds have been absolutely beautiful! 

We then came home and had burgers from the grill and fresh butter and sugar corn on the cob!!  YUMMY!!  I love butter and sugar corn.  I do have to say I do miss the corn from my home state NJ!  There is just something about the corn and tomatoes from Sussex County, NJ!!  I have not tasted anything as good as the corn and tomatoes from there. 

I just saw on some of my friends post on FB that the State Fair, which is held in the county I was from NJ is going on now.  Boy will I miss seeing the horse shows over the next 10 days!  I didn't love every part of the fair but I loved going there and seeing the flowers in the flower show, eating some of the fair food, watching the horse shows for hours, watching the livestock shows (my girls used to show their sheep in the Fair) and last but not least having a milkshake from the 4-H Dairy Barn! 

John and I have been watching the Olympics tonight and I just had a lovely small bowl of vanilla bean ice cream with pecans!!  YUMMY!!





Have to stay cool right!!

Everyone have an awesome rest of the weekend!!  ENJOY!!!



2 comments:

  1. So you put white sugar on buttered corn? I've never heard of that. My husband's family use to sugar sliced tomatoes!

    Enjoy your week and thanks for the comments on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, the corn is called Butter and Sugar because the kernels are white and yellow. I just put butter, salt and pepper on my corn. It tastes so good!!

    ReplyDelete