Thursday, August 18, 2016

Yesterday was full of JOY!!!

Yesterday I only worked until 11:30.  I took half of a PTO day.  Jenny and the grandboys came over for lunch.  They are so funny!!  I was having a little anxiety because at 3:30 I had my oncology appoint and I was so afraid the Dr. would tell me my Lymphoma was worse or came out of dormancy.  Those boys made me laugh and almost forget that I had my appointment later that day.  Owen and Jack are opposites.  Owen is quiet and loves to build things.  Jack is chatty and loves to destroy things!  Here is Owen building his domino buildings. 


Owen was explaining to me what he was building in detail!

Jack and Owen are very different in their eating habits too!  Owen doesn't really like to eat too much.  He only likes certain things.  Jack starts eating the minute he comes through the door until he gets ready to leave!  They both are so funny about their food. 

Jack saw I had coffee cake on the counter.  He had two pieces while he was here, plus some bacon, chips, tomatoes, Oreos and some tomato.  He does love his food!!

So after the boys left to go home and take a nap, I had to leave and go to my Oncologist appt.  I had blood drawn, answered what seemed like 35 questions and then the Dr. came in.  He asked me some more questions and then told me they still don't have a cure for lymphoma I seem to be doing really well!  My lymph nodes were slightly smaller and my blood work was perfect!  He was very pleased.  So I will go back in 3 months for more blood work and lymph node checks.  I am truly blessed for sure!!  Hopefully some day sooner than later they will find a cure for lymphoma but I'm happy with the way things are now!  When I came out of the Dr.'s office this is what I saw when I looked up to the sky to thank God for a great visit!!

I just feel like the dark clouds was all the anxiety and fear I had and then the opening in the clouds with a silvery almost electric looking border around the opening was me coming through my fear and anxiety!!  Just a moving photo for me!!

I am truly blessed!!

3 comments:

  1. Sherri, I'm so happy for you that you had a good check up! And how fun that Jenny and the boys came over - I can see why that took your mind off things. I laughed out loud at Jack's menu :-) Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Children are a joy to be around aren't there. I see the differences between my nieces and nephews and their individual characters.

    Please that your check up went well, I saw on Facebook and was so pleased to hear and I will always admire your positive and strong outlook.

    Victoria x
    FlorenceandMary.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sherri- I'm so happy for you regarding your heath issues-- sending up prayers that this stays stable and inactive..

    Your grandsons are growing like weeds. I can see them grow in every photo you post!! I know you enjoy them so much!
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete