Monday, December 20, 2010

The Final Countdown begins!

I'm sure everyone will be scurrying around this week to finish up their shopping, cookie making, wrapping, etc. I am one of those too! I have been trying this year to shop during the whole year and that worked for awhile. I got my Christmas cards out later than normal this year, my cream cheese cookies are still not made and I don't have a thing wrapped! But you know what, I am not sweating it this year. It all seems to get done and looks wonderful Christmas morning! The most important thing to keep in mind this week, that Christmas is not about buying gifts, making cookies, sending cards, etc. it is to celebrate Jesus Christs birthday! Our church had a lovely service yesterday and it hit my like an epiphany, that Christmas comes whether we are frantically running around doing all those things I mentioned and it is always wonderful!

Everyone enjoy what this season brings, enjoy being with friends and family and visiting here and there!

Happy Holidays Everyone!!

9 comments:

  1. Absolutely!!! And you know what... beautiful Christmas bags sure do help with the wrapping bit... just wrap presents in tissue paper and place in a beautiful bag!! Put a ribbon and you're done! They look so pretty under the tree too! So you can really enjoy the blessed season!
    Merry Christmas week!
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so right, Sherri. We lose sight SO easily! Thanks for the reminder, dear friend. Take care and enjoy!:) Lori

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so true Sherri. Have a wonderful Christmas and I know you will.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is true Sherri. You and your family have a wonderful Christmas and all the best to you in the New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wishing you lots of memorable moments... and time to just enjoy....

    Glad you're not 'sweating it' -- me neither!

    Happy Christmas to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have a wonderful Christmas, Sherri!

    Hugs,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  7. So true Sherri, I am not stressing either. Life goes on whether we are totally ready for Christmas or not. My favorite part of Christmas is time with family. Have a very Merry Christmas! I hope I can come to Charlotte and visit after the first of the year. That would be fun! Love & blessings from NC!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I still have my presents to wrap too!

    Wishing you a fabulous Christmas

    Victoria xx

    ReplyDelete