Friday, December 31, 2010

HaPpY NeW YeAr EvErYoNe!



I hope everyone has a very Happy New Year! Goodbye 2010 and welcome 2011!!

As I reflect about my 2010, I realize 2010 wasn't a bad year overall for our family. We had some things that were not so great but overall it was pretty good! I think the not so great things were outweighed by the good things and that in itself is a good thing!

I always try on New Year's Eve to think about all the good things the New Year will be bringing and I have to say the impending birth of our grandbaby in July has to top the list!! I just cannot wait to hold my grandbaby and love it so much! I am going to be called Nana, after my paternal grandmother. That is alot of shoe to fill but I'm up to the challenge!!

I plan on reading alot more in 2011 also. I love to read and I have gotten so caught up in so many other things. I joined a reading challenge to read books off my shelves and I'm going to clear alot of them off there!!

I also plan on losing some of this unwanted weight I have gained. I need to exercise more and by gosh I will!!

John and I would also like to take a small trip somewhere, even if it for a few days or overnight-we haven't done that in so long. We have taken trips up North to my parents, but we want to get away just the two of us!

Mind you these are not resolutions. I don't make resolutions, these are just things I want to work on in the next year.

As far as reflections of the past year, I have spent some really great times with my family, I have met and made some new wonderful friends, learned to knit more detailed patterns, mastered some more things at work, created some different jewelry, learned to crochet and read some awesome books! All of these have made me grow as a person and I'm lovin' it!!

So Happy New Year to all my friends and I hope you all have a joyous and wonderful New Year!!

13 comments:

  1. Loved your post today Sherri. Don & I wish you and yours a happy and healthy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sherri, all in all - a good year. Can you believe we'll both become grandmothers in July?!! So happy for us both and our kids.
    Happy New Year to you and John and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year Sherri- I hope this New Year is filled with blessings for you and your family. I am eagerly looking forward to another year of reading your wonderful blog.
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sherri, your post was so beautiful! I cannot wait for you to be a grandmother! So excited for you! My year has had many ups and downs, but being able to call you my friend is one of the highlights of this years. You and your husband are such beautiful human beings that you deserve nothing but blessings this year and always. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sherri, Thank you so much for your friendship and support!!

    Happy New Years!

    Xoxo
    Karena
    Art by Karena

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sherri,
    Have I even mentioned how much I LOVE the name of your blog! It's so cute!
    Thanks for stopping by - I too plan to read much more this year. I started earlier this fall and am once again totally addicted.
    As far as working out, I have just about always worked out but not so much when I am expecting, I hope if I find myself expecting again this year I can must thru the 9 months of puking and get some work outs in... lately I am ADDICTED to Turbo Jam.
    I have much hope for 2011.
    I hope you find your New Year truly blessed indeed.
    Angela,
    ParisienneFarmgirl.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy 2011 - and it must feel fantastic to become a grandmother! :-)

    I think 2011 will be a GREAT year! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks everyone! I meant every word I said in my blog. You are all my friends and I hope everyone does have a very happy, healthy and prosperous New Year!! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy New Year, Sherri! I'm with you on your resolutions that are not resolutions. Congratulations on going to be a grandmother. I wish I could say the same, but I'm content with my little KC.

    I'm finally almost done with my Had-TO-List of things. I've been chopping at the bit to see what you've all been up to.

    Have a wonderful new year!!!

    Now I have to bake some cookies. Ooops... there was that healthy eating non-resolution I was going to do, hunh. Oh sheesh!

    OK... after the cookies, I will.

    ReplyDelete
  10. How exciting to become a grandma! I wish you all the best in 2011 Sherri and I look forward to reading what you're up to in the next year. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sherri, it sounds like you have some wonderful things planned for 2011! Having a grandbaby to welcome in the new year is really something to look forward to! My grandmother and mother were both called Nana too, so that name conjures up sweet memories of the perfect grandmother for me! I hope you and your husband find time for that special trip, and that 2011 exceeds all of your expectations!

    Kat :)

    ReplyDelete