Sunday, December 26, 2010

Wonderful Christmas and Winter Wonderland Surprise!

We all had a wonderful Christmas!! Everyone in our family gave and got such nice gifts! The girls and their men arrived at about 9 and we started opening gifts while drinking tea and coffee. About half way through I made the traditional Pillsbury Orange Danish (the girls still insist on this breakfast delight!). When the presents were done we took a break before we started opening the stockings. I put the roast beef in the oven and everyone got coffee/tea refills. Everyone gave very thoughtful gifts this year. It was all wonderful!!

Here are some pictures of our Christmas:


Our Christmas tree with all the presents under it!


I created this centerpiece for the Dining Room Table.


John was watching everyone open their gifts. I think he was still half asleep!


This is Megan showing off her new Kindle from her hubby, Ken. She is also wearing a capelet Jenny and Kevin gave her for Christmas.


Megan, Jenny and I on Christmas morning.


Here is Jenny wearing the shawl I made for her. I'm so glad she loved it!


Megan and Ken


Jenny and Kevin being silly!


Jenny and Kevin not wanting their pictures taken.


This morning I woke up to a winter wonderland!! The weather fibbers were finally right for a change. It is still snowing here and everything looks like a sugary confection! It is absolutely beautiful!! Teddy didn't know what to make of it when John took him out-he just wanted to play instead of taking care of business, if you know what I mean! It does look beautiful and we don't have any place we need to go to today-so it is just perfect!!!

Here are some pictures of our winter wonderland here in Charlotte, NC:


This is what it looked like when I opened the front door this morning! It is a winter wonderland for sure!! Very beautiful and quiet.


Our courtyard looked like a winter wonderland too!


Our garage is after our courtyard and when I looked at the garage roof this morning this lovely pine tree was all covered in snow and looked so beautiful! This almost looks like it was taken in a field not over our garage roof!


We have alot of cardinals here in Charlotte and they were taking advantage of the sunflower seed we put in the feeder. They have been very busy here this morning!

The past few days have been great here at our house and today will be a chillin' out kind of day. This kind of day is much needed after all the Christmas preparation. It was all well worth it though-what a wonderful Christmas! I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas too!

8 comments:

  1. Sherri, it looks like you had a great time! I am so glad! Isn't this snow crazy?! I am at home with my parents and nephew who are staying with me this weekend and we are in awe of the snow. I posted some photos on the blog. And I know you asked me for the link and I forgot to send it to you so here it is: http://cocinadiary.blogspot.com/

    Big hugs, and stay warm! Angie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning Sherri
    Isn't this winter wonderland beautiful? I'm glad you had such a lovely Christmas.
    Hugs, Rhondi

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love the last picture of the bird feeder. Don Jr said about the snow when he called this morning but didn't send pictures. Brrrr...lol...Glad you all are safe and warm. Have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you all had a lovely Christmas, Sherri. I love the Charlotte Snow pics - especially the Cardinal tipping the feeder :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely..... you had a wonderful time.... and your photos share it beautifully!

    Pretty photos............

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your holiday photos are lovely. We are starting to get our first snow fall (more than a foot with blizzard conditions through tomorrow predicted. (Fortunately I have the week off)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello! Looks lovely! Everyone's happy faces tell it all! We had snow too and enjoyed it thoroughly today,
    Hope you have a marvelous week,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing a bit of your Christms with us Sherri. It looks like you and your family had a wonderful time. You have a beautiful family.

    ReplyDelete