Thursday, December 9, 2010

The Parents Came, Visited and Left!

Well the parents made it here by 5 p.m. yesterday and they were gone by 5:35 a.m. today! We had a great time while they were here. The girls and their hubbys came over, we had pizza, my parents opened gifts, the girls and their men left, we visited a little more, we slept for a little and then the parents left! Quick but sweet-we had a really good time. My Mom got a little teary this morning-she really wanted to visit longer. She said she is flying down by herself in the spring and staying longer. Here are a few pictures of last night:


Mom holding the gift Megan made for her. It is hard to see in the picture but Megan counted cross stitched an Amish scene and Ken framed it.


Dad munching on his Chocolate Chip Cookies.


John watching the parents opening their gifts!


Megan posing for a picture and Ken kidding with her (she really had no idea he was teasing her)


My sister, Sue gave each one of us these lovely photo ornaments! She took pictures from my Mom's album from when we were little and put them in the little frame ornament! I love it!! I think I was 2 yrs. old. This was the picture on my parents Christmas Card.

Some visits are longer than others and some are really short like this one. But maybe short is sweeter! We all had a really good time even though my Dad seemed older and a little more frail. My Mom seemed to be doing really well-just tired from the long drive down. She'll really be tired tonight when they get back home! Safe trip Mom and Dad!!

10 comments:

  1. Sounded like a great visit even if it was a bit short. Loved the old photo ornament.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like you said, short and sweet. The pics are great and I love the ornament from your sister - what a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad they made it there safely and hope the same for them on the trip back. Don travels like that too and doesn't seem to miss the grandkids like I do. Maybe it's a male thing. Looks like you all had a great time and that's what's important.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It certainly looks like you had a wonderful visit even if it wasn't long enough!

    Victoria xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you all had some time together and that it was well spent. It's too bad they couldn't have stayed longer. The photo ornament is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Short and sweet- leaving you wanting more. Perfect. You can tell that everyone had a wonderful time! The Amish cross stitch looked lovely! And I ADORE that precious ornament with the picture of you, Sweets! That is a treasure.:) Lori

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely party and your house looks fantastic! Everything is so perfect. I just love your header photo!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks everyone for all the great comments! We did have fun! My Mom wasn't looking forward to being in the car for 12 hrs. today though-poor thing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It sounds and looks like you had a great time visiting with your parents, Sherri, even though it was s short visit. :)
    What a sweet gift your sister gave you... loved the picture! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sherri, I am so glad you had a great visit with your parents. It looks like y'all had fun! Angie

    ReplyDelete