Wednesday, March 21, 2012

New House Choices all picked out Today!

Today I took off from work. John and I had an appointment with the Design Center to make all the choices for our new house! We were so excited! The appt. was for 12:30 and was suppose to take 2-2.5 hrs. Well we got there at 12:30 and we left the design center 5:30!!! Everything has been picked out!!! We are so happy with all our choices. There was only 1 light fixture that I know will be changed out after we move in. I thought that was pretty awesome due to all the choices we had to make!

Here is the elevation we picked out:


I have to apologize for the picture, that was the best I could do tonight. I'll explain what is on there. The bottom half of the house will be Buck's County Stacked Stone, the horizontal lines are hardi-plank siding and the peaks will be hardi-plank shakes. We love the Craftsman style of this elevation. We are really happy we will have a full front porch too. The garage doors won't be in the front either-we will have a side-load garage. So where the garage doors are on the photo there will be 2 windows instead.

We picked a color for the hardi-plank siding (Duron Quiver Tan). It is a gray like tan. Where the shakes are it will be a few shades darker with white trim. Shutters are another color gray too. I love all the colors.

We picked so many things out carpet, kitchen cabinets, granite, cabinet knobs, faucets, stove, trim, lighting, etc., etc.! I loved every minute of it!! I love looking at all the choices and seeing what is out there.

Megan came to the design center with John and I. With her interior design degree and things we like we all agreed on all the choices made! It was tiring but enjoyable.

Now I can't wait to see everything put in place! Thank you all for indulging me in my excitement about the new house!!

9 comments:

  1. Yay, I'm so excited for you and I can't wait to follow along as you begin your build!

    Kat :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. With your exquisite taste, I can just imagine how amazing it's all going to look. I can't wait to see it come together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How exciting! I bet you guys had a ball picking out everything. I love the look of your home..the stone, siding and shakes are perfect! Do you have a floor plan you can show us?
    Hugs,
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  4. How great that Megan could help you with decisions! I'd be overwhelmed! The sketch looks great, Sherri. You must be so excited!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How exciting! There's nothing like planning for a new home.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How wonderful for you to be enjoying this time as you plan for the home of your dreams!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sooooooooo excited for you! That was a lot of stuff to pick out in one day! Whew! I use to give my homeowner's 4 months to do all of that!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good job on picking the right color. That neutral color choice would certainly make a good background for brighter colored elements – the orange and yellows of sunflowers would appear even brighter because of that. I can't wait for you to turn this vision into reality, Sherri. When is it going to start?

    Brendan Amorose

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sherri, how's the construction of the house so far? The blueprint seems to have perfect measures. Brendan is right, but not just bright colors, neutral colors coordinate well with any colors.

    Lakisha Zimmerer

    ReplyDelete