Thursday, March 15, 2012

Picture Taking

For the most part all of my photos that I've taken come out pretty good (if I can say so myself!). But when someone takes a picture of me, it looks horrible!! It doesn't matter who takes it, I just look terrible! I made my scarf, showed everyone the yarn and said I would post a picture of me wearing it. That was really silly of me because I forgot how horrible I look in photos! I look at the photo and I say to John, "do I really look like that"! The good husband that he is says, "no sweetie you don't look like that". I don't remember when I was little not taking great photos. Actually I thought I looked pretty cute when I was little. I went to the photo album and looked at photos and realized that around the time that I had my neck surgery I just don't look that great in photos! What is up with that!!! Maybe because I hold me head different, maybe because they cut threw muscle and my neck looks different now, I just don't know. Yesterday morning John took 3 pictures of me with the scarf on and I deleted all of them! This morning he took some more and after dinner I'm going to load them on the computer and see. Keep your fingers crossed everyone!!

Megan, our oldest daughter always takes a great photo! She could have 105 fever, been sick for 3 days and look fabulous in her photos! Jenny, our youngest daughter always looks great in all her photos too. Owen, of course, looks so cute in all his photos too! I really hope I find out what the issue is.

Have any of you had problems with photos being taken of you?

9 comments:

  1. lol Sherri! We laugh because mom always says that she takes horrible pictures ~ we say it's because she hates it so much, if you'd just show the camera some love....ok, maybe that's not it :) She says that I take really good pictures all of the time, but I know that is NOT true, and I find as I'm getting older that I hate getting one taken ~ so, I find that if I don't worry as much which side I'm being photographed on, what I'm wearing, is my chin going to look too big ~ lol~ then I usually take better pics....and That's my story (and yes, I'm sticking to it!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely hate having my picture taken and go to great lengths to avoid it. I think maybe it is an age thing and we don't FEEL as old as we LOOK! lol xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Unfortunately, the few pictures of me that look good are not as accurate as the pictures of me that look horrible.

    Thank goodness there are so few pictures of me taken...maybe that is why I usually commandeer the camera.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am not photogenic at all. Everybody I know tells me I don't look like my photos. BUT if you want a "better" picture of yourself, go outside in the natural lighting. Photos of people always look better outside. Have your husband get a picture when you are busy doing something and not looking at the camera. We tend to tense up and look older when we know a shot is going to be taken. One more thing...Wear solid color clothes-They just look better when being photographed. P.S. I think you are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Robin, you are too cute!!! Thank you for saying those things.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not only of me, but the ones I take. It seems like everything comes out blurry. I can't afford a new camera, and I mostly think it is the photographer at fault anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think we are always our own worst critics when it comes to photos of ourselves. I can count on one hand the pictures of myself that I actually like!

    Kat :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. My problem is that I can't smile on command. I look better in simple snapshots than i do if i have to pose.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I always tell my husband never to take a photo of me from the side and to stand way, way back.

    ReplyDelete