Saturday, March 10, 2012

Today was a cleaning and visiting day!

(as you can see Jenny got her haircut short! I think she looks wonderful with that cut)

This morning John and I knew Kevin would be dropping Owen off for a visit with us. Jenny had a meeting at the restaurant and Kevin was going to the shooting range for a little while. Owen was wide awake when he arrived. I made pancakes and he loved those for sure!! After Jenny's meeting was done she came down to spend the day with John and I. We had lunch together. We shared some of our lunch with Owen and he had his own food too! He is a little chow hound! Then Jenny and I went to 2 Goodwill stores. I scored a really pretty turquoise shell top for summer and a Perry Ellis America Collection leather handbag for only $2.99 and in excellent condition! When I came home I got out the leather cleaner and polish and spiffed that baby up and it looks brand new! Jenny and I played with Owen for a little bit and then we packed up the books on the bookshelf in the Guest Room. Jenny and Owen went home around 4:30 and then John and I continued to go through our other 2 bookshelves in the office. I am donating alot of books to Goodwill and the Library in the next week or so. Then John and I proceeded out to the garage where we went through 4 huge boxes of books and clean out an old wood filing cabinet. Everything is already for Goodwill now! We then went upstairs to Owen's Room where there were 5 more boxes of things that needed to be gone through. We now have 3 boxes of things! All in all I think we did a wonderful job today of mixing pleasure with work! I do have to say I am exhausted right now and I'm just going to chill out for the rest of the night!

It was a wonderful day with Jenny and Owen though. I love when they visit. Owen didn't want to sleep though while he was here, but I'm sure he slept on the way over to his Auntie Megs house where he and his parents were having dinner tonight!

It was a near perfect day!!

6 comments:

  1. It was a cleaning day here too for sure. I am exhausted but good tired, you know? Have lots of book to give away too. I am just trying to get over the emotional significant event that has become. I love my books :( By the way, Jennie looks fab with the new haircut. Love it on her!

    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely day! It's days like this mean so very much, Sherri. Simple and wonderful. You bless your family so much and they bless you right back.:) Good job on the Goodwill finds!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like you had a wonderful day with your "kids". That is what life is all about, isn't it? Nice GW finds, too! I hope you have a great Sunday- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  4. She does look great in that cut, do tell her that! :-)

    I´m glad you had a great day! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great cut on Jennie!
    Doesn't it feel good to get things packed up and ready to go? I'm sure where ever the books end up, they will be appreciated.
    Have a wonderful evening.
    Glad you enjoyed your day.
    xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a lovely day Sherri! So jealous of your Goodwill purchases ~ lucky you!

    ReplyDelete