Saturday, June 6, 2009

Today's Garage Sale was a major success!

The neighborhood garage sale was today from 7 a.m. to 12 p.m. People started showing up at 6:00 a.m.! We did extremely well we made $375.00 and sold tons of things. That was our goal to get rid of as much stuff as we could so we wouldn't have to move it! The lady came from Craig's List and bought the 2 chaise lounges too! I have 2 boxes of things to give my neighbor for the Humane Society Garage Sale next weekend. I'm more than happy to donate these things!

John and I then went over to the townhouse and brought more kitchen boxes, my blue painted pine cupboard and all my green depression glass dishes. We put the cupboard in the dining room and I loaded it up with the green depression glass! I then proceed to put the rest of the kitchen together. I only have to bring over the pantry items and the baking sheets and then the kitchen is done!

Tomorrow we'll go over in the morning and bring some more things. Coats for the front hall coat closet, we'll hang the wreath on the door and we'll bring some of our closet clothing over and put it in the walk-in closets in our room. Everything is really looking good over there!

Friday is the big move day-all the furniture and more boxes. Hopefully bringing boxes over every night this week will cut down on what we have to bring over next weekend. We will probably bring all the plants over on Thursday night when I bring the company pick-up truck home with me. The courtyard is going to look fabulous!

6 comments:

  1. Wow, you accomplished so much today! I'm glad the sale was a success :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you, Sherri! I'm so happy for you. You really did well! I can't wait to see photos of your new place with all your things arranged.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done for getting so much done. My mum and I are doing our version of a garage sale (a boot sale) in a few weeks.

    Victoria x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow you did amazingly well, but then having seen piccies of your home I know you had some nice stuff. Glad to hear the gradual move is going well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you have a great start. Not much longer to wait.
    Marnie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gosh, Sherri! You are so organized and "together". Plus, I cannot believe you've read 19 books so far this year with all you've had going on! You make me feel so inadequate LOL!! I am impressed with how you've facilitated this whole move. Good job!!! Now go sit down and read another book - you're slacking!!

    ReplyDelete