Saturday, July 26, 2008

I just took a walk around the garden and I thought I'd share!



I think the Carolina Jasmine is taking over our lantern!! I guess the Carolina Jasmine loves the column and lantern!!




This hosta blossom just looked so beautiful there in the garden. It is blooming on my Avocado hosta I planted last year.




The Rex Begonia has grown about twice it's size so far. I am going to take some cuttings from the back to make other plants.




My banana tree has grown so much over the last few months-just had to share!!

It is a little overcast today here in Charlotte so I thought it would be a great day to take photos! Hope you enjoy them!!

6 comments:

  1. Oh wow! This was so much fun. I loved walking around your garden. You have a banana tree!!! I wonder if you get bananas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sherri! Your yard is beautiful and the flowers look so happy. Thanks for coming by my blog. Have a great day. :c)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sherri, your garden is so pretty! You have a very nice blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone for you very nice comments. I have gardened since I was 5 yrs. old. My paternal grandmother was a big gardener and she had me start my first garden when I was 5! I had violets (wild ones we dug up in the yard), four o' clocks and zinnias. I will never forget all the gardening times I had with Nana!

    Kay-I haven't got banannas yet and the plant is 6 yrs. old. I don't know if this variety will ever get them. I bought this tree in NJ when I lived there and brought it with me. Here in Charlotte, NC I can plant it in the ground and it dies off in winter but comes back every spring!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The foliage of the plants against the red brick is so lovely. I like the effect of the overcast day in the photos. It looks so beautiful and summery.

    Cindy at Rosehaven Cottage

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved walking through your garden, I can almost smell the jasmine. I know some of your southern folks don't care for it but I love it! :)

    ReplyDelete