Sunday, March 29, 2009

Pictures of the Bird Feeder my Dad made and miscellaneous pictures!

Hi everyone! I've been away from my blog for a few days because my parents came down for a visit. I wasn't really expecting them. My Mom called on Thursday and said they wanted to come and visit us on Friday and stay until Sunday. It was a miserable weekend until today. Yesterday it poured all day! My Dad made me a beautiful bird feeder and he brought it with him. He also brought a new pipe and squirrel baffle to put it on. The squirrels just ruin all his handy work so he has thought up some things to outsmart them. The round pipe should help because they really can't hold onto it to crawl up to the feeder and the squirrel baffle should deter them just in case they do figure a way to crawl up the pipe. The minute he put it up yesterday (in amongst the raindrops) the cardinals started coming to it! Today it was nice enough to snap a few photos (see below). Yesterday my Mom showed me how to paint Queen Anne's Lace flowers. I need to practice some more before I show y'all that. She really liked what I painted but I'm not too sure I do! We had a really nice visit with them for a change. Sometimes my Mom can be very overpowering or bossy and this time she wasn't, which was a nice change. My father can be rather contankerous also but this time he wasn't. I guess it has only taken them 70 odd years to mellow out-LOL!!





This is the bird feeder my Dad made for me. He brought it down this weekend and put it up on a pole with a baffle so the squirrels won't get it! There is a cardinal already eating from it in the picture!



This is the picture of the bird feeder Dad made me upclose.



These are the Helebores (Lenten Rose) growing in the backyard. They look so pretty right now. They have been blooming for the last month.



My favorite hosta that I potted up last year for when we move has started to unfurl itself! YAY Spring has arrived!!



My blue Hydrangea is getting leaves already and looking really healthy!!



This is a plant I had in a container on my porch. It is called Creeping Jenny and it "creeped" out of the pot last year, wintered over and now is taking over the one flower bed! I will have to put pull some out and put it in the urns out front!

11 comments:

  1. The Bird Feeder is just beautiful Sherri. You're dad is very talented! I hope that he was able to outsmart the squirrels! Glad to hear that you had a nice visit with your parents.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sherri :)

    That bird feeder is GORGEOUS! If he doesn't already, he should make those to sell.

    I'm so glad to hear you had a nice visit with them :)

    Thank you so much for your kind words....

    hugs,
    rue

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful artist your father is! That has to be the most beautiful birdfeeder I have ever seen.
    I am looking forward to seeing your painting skills when you are ready to show us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now that's a gorgeous bird feeder! What a wonderful addition to your garden!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your dad is amazing. That bird feeder is incredible. I wish I had one at our house. It's so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you all for such nice words about the bird feeder! It is amazing that my Dad can do this at all because of his Lupus. Almost all his muscles in his right had have atrophied but he keeps on working on projects. It is good therapy for him!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a talented carpenter. I love your new feeder. He put so much detail into it.
    Marnie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sherri what a gorgeous birdfeeder! Your dad is such a talented man. And what a special gift for you, to have had him make it with his own hands just for you. I know you'll treasure it forever! Thanks for sharing it with us!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What fantastic bird feeder and hand made, what a fantastic gift.

    Victoria xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a gorgeous and fancy birdfeeder you're dad made for you, I love it. BTW my mum has a tendency to be like that too and when she is it's a nightmare as we can't just send her home!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those tulips are downright gorgeous! I LOVE the shape he planted them in. I never would have thought of that.

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete