Sunday, March 22, 2009

Sights we saw while the Open House was going om today

Today while the Open House our realtor was having was going on John, Teddy and I packed up the car and went down to South Carolina to a neighborhood called Baxter Village. It was wonderful! They have a main road with restaurants, shops, etc. and then there are all these beautiful houses (some of which I listed below). We had lunch while we were there, we went to an Open House and just enjoyed the beautiful, warm and sunny day! Unfortunately only 1 couple came through the Open House. They are renting and have the rental until this Fall. Why would you be looking to buy a house now then!! Oh well that's the way it goes sometimes. When we came home we read out on the back patio and enjoyed ourselves. I also had to rest those aching muscles from cleaning yesterday-LOL! John and I were also visited by our bird friends. We had cardinals, bluebirds, thrush, sparrows, a towhee and last but not least our 2 resident owls. They were in the trees chattering away to each other. That was the highlight of my day! They are really fun to watch!



Some of you had asked for more Cherry Tree picturs. Well this one looked really beautiful last week, but I never got the camera out to take a pic. This week it is still beautiful but a little bleached out. This is down the street from my house. I love walking past it, the petals flow down like snow or it reminds me of rose petals being thrown at a wedding! It is an absolutely gorgeous tree!



This is a restaurant called The Fish Market in Baxter Village on the main road. It had a beautiful fountain to the right of the restaurant but there were too many kids with their parents frolicking around it for me to get a picture. It was really beautiful though with the sun shining on it! We ate at a restaurant called Six Pence right across the street from this restaurant. John had fish and chips and I had a Chicken Salad sandwich. We ate outside and it was so nice not to have to wear a coat!



This is one street in Baxter Village, but it will give you an idea of what the homes look like. John and I probably wouldn't be moving to Baxter Village but it was fun to look at the homes there. If we weren't Notaries in NC we would probably move there in a heartbeat. But we have to notarize so many things in NC and we wouldn't be able to do that and live in SC.



This is a house for sale in Baxter Village, Fort Mill, SC. They were all so gorgeous!



It's hard to see the beautiful peach blossoms on theses trees, but the whole orchard is in bloom. This orchard is just over the South Carolina border and it was just beautiful. John took this picture from his car window and if I took it I wouldn't have taken so much of the road! Oh well!


These daffodils are in our front flower bed, I think they are so pretty!



These are some daffodils in our yard I noticed when we came back home today.

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures Sherri! Baxter village sounds like a lovely community.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love daffodils and those daffodil photos are gorgeous! Looks like you're well into spring. Yae! You really live in a beautiful area. You're so lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It must be difficult to keep the house ready to show all the time. I know it would be hard for me.

    Sounds like you had a nice trip.
    Marnie

    ReplyDelete
  4. What beautiful pictures! Thanks for your vote!
    Hugs,
    Cathie

    ReplyDelete