Wednesday, November 2, 2011

1950's What an Era!

I was on the computer on pinterest.com and I was looking at the beautiful women and dresses of the 50's. I was born in 1959 so I just made the 50's. I have always loved the elegance and beauty of the movie stars of that era and the dresses are just gorgeous. What a simpler time the 1950's were and sometimes I find myself wishing I was back in the 50's! I know some things in this era have made life easier but I really think things were more relaxed during that time. I thought I would share a few of the beautiful women and dresses of the 50's today. Enjoy!!

(all photos are via www.pinterest.com)

Audrey Hepburn

Ava Gardner

Elizabeth Taylor

Gina Lollabrigida

Princess Grace of Monaco

Vivien Leigh

Don't you just love this picture of these ladies having coffee/tea together! Look how dressed up they were!

What a gorgeous strapless party dress this is! I love the colors!

1950's style wedding dress.

1954 Dior Gown

The women that wore this dress would have looked so elegant and beautiful!

This dress is a favorite of mine! I would love to have worn this dress and had the figure for it-LOL!!!

Vintage Dior

The hats of this era were just beautiful too! How graceful and chic!

Well that is all I have at the moment, but I thought it was nice strolling through the lovely era of the 50's.

11 comments:

  1. I always feel like I should've been born in the 50's... I just love the clothes!

    Victoria xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for taking me along with you...those dresses are stunning and guess what? I'm a 1959 gal too:)

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great time!After the WW2 people were more optimistic for their future life.Women were more elegant and more femininity.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Real elegance! I remember one of my mother's dresses that I just loved!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are all so gorgeous. I love that wedding dress! You just don't see stlye like that anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sherri, you always have the prettiest, sunniest, happiest posts. I love them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved this era as well. Things were so much more classy and beautiful. Those dresses are amazing. I have always loved the dresses of the olden years. They made a woman look classy and regal.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Back when movie stars were truly movie stars. Audrey Hepburn was always my favorite with her cute pixie hair-do.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The same dress is my absolute favorite too!! I was born 61, so I missed the 50's!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh goodness- these dresses are so beautiful- I almost wish we could still be wearing some of these still today! A nice little step back in time Sherri-
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete