Thursday, November 3, 2011

Time to think of a Christmas Stocking.

I made my 2 girls Christmas Stockings when they were babies and I made my husband and myself one. I did all of them except mine in crewel embroidery. Mine I did in counted cross-stitch. It is now time to start thinking of making one for Owen. Here were some examples I found on www.pinterest.com:

I think Owen would love this Jester Stocking!

I could make this one out of linen or burlap, but I wonder if that would be just too plain.

I do love snowmen! They always are so jolly looking.

I think I will just keep searching for just the right one for him. It will be fun making it though! Does anyone have any other ideas? I will keep y'all posted on what I have chosen to make!

9 comments:

  1. Love all the ones pictured. I have red toile stockings that a friend made me a few years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great stocking ideas. It really is the season...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do believe that last one is my favorite. I like the colors and the snowman. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Every year, I fall in love with new creative stockings! These are all beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, they are all so cute! I love Christmas stockings.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am SO impressed that you've made stockings. We had a local knitter make three when Margaret was a baby. Then when Michael came along, his grandmother bought him a hand-knitted one at a church sale. They are beautiful and I love them, but this year I am doing something completely different. I think I'll write about it in December. :<)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm thinking of buying a neutral stocking and embellish it with shells. Will see.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The little blue one is so cute for a little boy.
    Have fun looking at more, and trying to choose just one.
    xxxooo

    ReplyDelete