Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Hug Someone Today :)!!

I was thinking last night on my drive home from Megan's house how many times a day we hug each other. Last night Jenny and Owen were at Megan's and I'll tell you there was plenty of hugging going on as far as Owen was concerned-LOL!!! He had Auntie Megan, Nana, Mommy and 2 of Auntie Megan's friends to love him and hug him all night!! Sometimes I think we all taking hugging for granted and don't realize how much good a nice hug does.

Here is something I found online about hugging:

"Hugs certainly feel good, both on the giving and receiving end, and it turns out their effects are more than skin deep. A study by University of North Carolina researchers found that hugs increase the "bonding" hormone oxytocin and decrease the risk of heart disease." I think that is great!!
So I thought I would share these photos with you and some of them are really quite amazing!! Make sure you hug someone today!

(All photos via pinterest.com)

Lion Cub hugging its Momma. So cute!

Dog and Orangutan hugging. Actually they are both friends at a zoo. The dog wasn't feeling well and the Orangutan hugged and befriended him so now he is doing so much better!! Amazing!

Foal and Mare nuzzling each other.

Lamb loving her little lamb.

Lambs hugging and protecting a puppy. I love this picture!!

This little monkey must have decided this little puppy needed a hug.

A whole squirrel family hugging each other! That must have been a hard picture to get!!

Squirrel hugging and kissing this baby chick.

I saved the best for last. This little girl is so cute with her Teddy Bear!

Enjoy your day and hug someone!!

9 comments:

  1. What a great post Sherri, those pictures are too cute, every one of them! My son gave me a huge hug last night and it was so nice. Even though he's 19, I love that he will still give me a good hug everyday!

    Kat :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sherri- This post was just too precious! I loved seeing all the loving going on.:) Hugs are the best, no matter who (or what) you are! Lori

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kat and Lori-HUGS to both of you 2 girls!! I loved each and every one of those photos!! I really enjoyed hugging Owen too :)!! Have a great day ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this post, Sherri! Sending you a virtual hug :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello dear Sherri~ you are so right and I love this post; my Biscuit dog is the hugger in the house; she jumps into my arms and hugs me and kisses me every night when I come home! Virtual hug to you today!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Andrea-right back at you!! There is nothing better than hugs from our pups is there!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How ever did they get those squirrels together, I will never know. I've never seen 2 squirrels sit close together let alone 4 of them. These are so adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well maybe the world would be better if we just did like the animals. Such precious photographs. thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete