Monday, September 7, 2009

Happy 70th Gone With the Wind

I have watched GWTW so many times but it is still one of my favorites and always will be! I went on-line and looked at all the GWTW black and white photos and then decided to pick the gown I'm going to wear for the Ball! Nikki from The Scarlett Rose Garden was gracious enough to be our Hostess-thank you Nikki!


I have chosen the BBQ Gown. How beautiful! There were so many beautiful gowns in that movie. It was hard not to chose the Blue Portrait Gown but it is too hot to wear that gown right now. Y'all know it is a little hot this time of year.


Here's Mammy now to help me into my BBQ gown. Even though she can be bossy at times, I just love her to death!


Oh and here is the handsome Rhett Butler! I know we had that little embarrasing moment in the library at the BBQ but I forgive him and isn't he just so handsome. I wouldn't tell him that though he just might get a swelled head or something! I just do adore Mr. Rhett Butler!


I saw this sketch on-line, I love this artwork!

What a wonderful movie, which I'm sure will entertain every one for many, many years to come! Happy Birthday Gone With the Wind!!

14 comments:

  1. GWTW is my favourite movie! I love it!

    I need to work on getting my post out

    Victoria xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the dresses!

    Anyone know if the DVD is out (and affordable)??? My daughter read this book for the first time a few months ago and would love to see the movie. I can't believe she's never seen it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sherri :)

    The minute I saw Rhett I would have never thought of Ashley again, but then there wouldn't be a movie I guess LOL Love that sketch too :)

    xo,
    rue

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sherri! Hope you're enjoying your holiday weekend and all the Blogland Ball festivities! ~tina

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that pink dress! Sooo pretty.
    GWTW is one of my all time favorite books. I read it after I saw the movie. It's so hard to picture Rhett and Scarlett as anything but Clark and Viv. :)

    ~Liz

    ReplyDelete
  6. These sketches are amazing. I wish Scarlett could have worn the pink dress in the movie. The BBQ dress would be a beautiful choice for the ball. Have you ever noticed they actually never HAD the ball after the BBQ? I wonder what Scarlett would have worn to it?!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE that dress too...though, they were all so gorgeous...have fun at the ball....blessings,Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah, Cap'n Butler sure is a handsome devil :)
    The sketch is pretty. That would have been another great dress for the movie.

    D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mary, the DVD is out and I think John and I bought it quite reasonably-can't remember the price though!

    ReplyDelete
  10. All this is making me want to watch the movie again! I have the videos.

    A fun party!

    Katherine

    ReplyDelete
  11. I almost flunked psychology in college because I picked up Gone With the Wind to read during finals week. Good grief! I couldn't put it down!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful tribute! I adore the drawing. This was lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I adore your GWTW post. Hasn't this party just been the most fun?!?!

    Fiddle Dee Dee,
    Stephanie
    Angelic Accents

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful tribute to GWTW, I enjoyed it.8-)
    ~Myrna

    ReplyDelete