Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Odds and Ends

I don't have anything much to report today. Yesterday we had a very nice Labor Day picnic with the girls and their men. Everyone brought something and of course, we had too much food. Leftovers are always wonderful! I was super busy at work today and I had by CREW (Commercial Real Estate Women) luncheon meeting today. The guest speaker was really good. His name was Brian Parsley, a motivational speaker of sorts. The topic was I love my job....again! This speech was geared towards reinventing your enthusiasm for your job, make it new and fresh. He also talked alot about branding yourself and your company. We all have to be careful in this world of making your life so public (blogs, facebook, twitter, etc.) and that we may be branding ourselves without giving what we post much thought. He made some really good points and also had many jokes to tell. Very interesting topics. Tonight DH is working so I'm going over to the jewelry table in a little bit. I made some gingerbread for the guys at work. They all told me none of their wives bake!! I love to bake! Everyone have a great evening!

9 comments:

  1. Sherri, sounds like you heard a good speaker at your lunch meeting today.

    Lucky coworkers - I love gingerbread : ) I saw ginger snaps at Costco today and was very tempted to buy them! Held off for another day (and spent the same amount of $$ on a book!). Have a good night : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary-good for you! What book(s) did you buy?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Book(s) - ha! You know me well, Sherri :D

    1)Bed & Breakfast:A Novel by Lois Battle
    2)Bread Alone by Judith R. Hendricks

    ReplyDelete
  4. Branding ourselves? Hmmmm...
    I do worry a little about how much I put out on my blog. I'll have to think about this some more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Where's the gingerbread for your blogfriends?! ;o)

    Victoria xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. The weather is getting cooler and I'm getting in the mood for baking. Ginger bread sounds good.
    Marnie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mary-I read Bread Alone and enjoyed it.

    Victoria-here is some virtual gingerbread!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sherri,

    Brian Parsley here. I really appreciate you taking time to write about our talk this week. Let me know if I can ever share ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love great speakers! Have to check this guy out, as I see he left you a comment also.

    I also love to bake. I think I like the process and the scents best of all. Gingerbread - yum!

    ReplyDelete