Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Last night's bookclub was wonderful!



Our book for the month of September was The Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafon. I must admit I had my ups and downs with the book. It had a very slow and winding start and then by the last quarter of the book I had trouble putting it down. The "leader" of our bookclub is Alison Woo from Charlotte Weekly, which is a Charlotte newspaper. She is great-she asks us great questions, makes you think about what you've read and just handles everything so beautifully! We had a wonderful surprise! A professor at UNC was a guest last night of our bookclub and had some wonderful things to tell us about the book. She is of spanish origin, so she was able to talk to us about Barcelona, the translation, she wrote a beautiful beautiful poem about the book and was just a lovely person! This was definitely a vanilla/chocolate book! Some people absolutely hated it and some loved it and will be reading it again!

Our reading selection for next month is The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown.

**NOTE: I won't be posting after today until Monday when I get back from my NJ trip! Everyone have a great week and weekend!!

6 comments:

  1. Been thinking about reading the Dan Brown book myself. Have a good trip.
    Marnie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sherri, I'll be reading this with BLBC in a month or two. The book is already on my shelf and I'm itching to get started. Glad to read your thoughts about it.

    Have a wonderful trip. Safe travels!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't forget to let us know how you like The Lost Symbol. Have a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad you have such a fun and interesting book club.

    Enjoy your chickie trip up to NJ!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seems this is a nice book !! Will try this for sure !!Unseen Rajasthan

    ReplyDelete