Saturday, September 12, 2009

Just Chilling Out Today :)!

John and I were suppose to go up to Salisbury, NC today. We were going to meet up with one of my co-workers who lives in Salisbury. There is a Civil War Prison and Memorial there. John is a Civil War buff. This is the co-worker whose wife has Stage 4 Lung Cancer. She is in the hospital right now having some experimental treatment. We were going to help my co-worker with his 3 kids and make some dinner for them. My co-worker called a few minutes ago and said his wife has taken a turn for the worse and we wouldn't be able to come up today. I really feel for this family. Please keep them in your prayers! John and I are giving them one of our computers we are not using, so today we are taking everything off the computer that is ours and putting in one of our active computers. That is no small fete, I'll tell you!

John and I will probably just read, watch a little TV, do a little transplanting work in the courtyard and take a nice long walk with Teddy. A lovely weekend! Everyone have a grand weekend!

3 comments:

  1. Sherri, I'll keep your friends in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i will keep them in my thoughts and prayers.

    Victoria xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's very kind and loving of you and John to do what you can for your co-worker. I can imagine the pain they are going through.

    That civil war prison sounds like a very interesting, historic place.

    ReplyDelete