Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Packing, packing and more packing!


I feel like I just packed a suitcase for our weekend in Virginia (which I did) and now I'm packing a suitcase for my NJ trip on Thursday morning! After this trip I won't be going anywhere for some time. I have so many things I need to take wih me to NJ-laptop, camera, cooler, books, ipod, 2 birthday gifts, 1 baby shower gift, pie plate my Mom forgot here, clothing, toiletries, copper sheet for my dad to cut into circles for more earrings, etc., etc. It's like moving all over again! I haven't been back home in over a year. I have quite a few people to see while I'm there too. My Mom has some places she wants me to go with her, my nephew wants me to go to his soccer game and I want to visit with my 2 sisters too! WHEW!! I really don't think I'll be able to do all I want to do, but I'm going to try. I'll need a vacation from my vacation! It will be good to see the Fall leaves in NJ though when I'm home! My parents live about 15 mins. from PA and NY state, so they already have had some cold weather. The sugar maples should be really pretty! I'll be taking tons of pictures while I'm there too! Jenny and Megan are excited too! Megan's friend is getting married on Saturday-they have known each other since grammar school. We will also see another one of Megan's friends and my friends daughter who is pregnant. That will be a fun time! I hope I can visit with my friend, Jean too I haven't seen her in such a long time! Jean put the kettle on for our teafest! She lives by a lake, which should be really beautiful this time of year! Well I better get a move on and make some more lists so I don't forget anything!

8 comments:

  1. Just think of yourself like the celebs living out of a suitcase!!

    Victoria xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are Jenny and Megan going too?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenny and Megan are going too! We are all so excited-I think this will be our very first girls only road trip!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a wonderful trip!! Sounds exciting.

    Hugs,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoy! I've always wanted to see the leaves in NJ and area..... take pictures and show us??

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is why I like driving on our trips, we can pack as much in the car as needed.
    I will posting a similar blog entry next Tuesday. = )
    HAVE FUN!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have a fabulous time, Sherri. Looks like you've got a really packed trip... not just in luggage but in activities.

    I'm looking forward to hearing how you like Dan Brown's book.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Sherri! You will have such fun! I love to go back and visit in NJ, but it is a whirlwind, just like you are saying. You will definitely need a vacation when you return. I hope you have a wonderful time. I can't wait to see those pix when you get back!! And the copper earrings!!!

    ReplyDelete